Sunday, June 27, 2010

Altoona, WI Child & Family Photographer






Am I ever behind with you guys!! Oh my!! I remembered today that I haven't shared with you all, my recent shoot with Saxy Salon in Eau Claire, Altoona Fire Department, and Sarah and her adorable son Connor. Monday started out with the beautiful girls at Saxy. These girls were so much fun to work with, I cannot even articulate. :0) The salon is downtown Eau Claire, off of Water St. in the old Kerm's parking lot. Alysha, the owner, did an excellent job with the design of the salon and I definitely see a bright future for her there. We started out with some personal shots of the girls, mainly focusing on head shots and then moved to Banbury Place where we worked with some more unique group shots. We were very kindly told by a security officer there that we weren't allowed to have a group that large back behind the building. :( Too bad!! Security and safety reasons, apparently...something to keep in mind for the future. I got the shot I was looking for though, and that's all that matters at the end of the day!
Tuesday was a double shoot with Sarah & Connor and the AFD. Connor is the sweetest little ham. He kept pretending he didn't totally love me, which we all know couldn't possibly be true! Mom did everything in her power to get the little squirt to cooperate, but alas, it was just too hot and I don't think he was all that interested in having his photo taken. Which leads me to say...if you have a particularly shy little one, and you feel it would help to meet ahead of time for ice cream or something...anything to loosen your tyke up and get them accustomed to me, I am all for it!! We did get some pretty nice shots of him regardless. The most interesting thing about Connor, is he is a HUGE sports buff, but especially baseball! He loves it. It was incredible to watch his face light up when we let him finally escape from formal portraits and go run and play to be himself. We got some really cute stuff from that, that I am very excited to share.
Poor Connor, he isn't the only person who gets nervous! I have my own case of the jitterbugs. Nearly every shoot, I get so nervous that I am so thirsty!! There is nothing that can stop me from drinking a gallon of water and still feeling parched. I hope the feeling goes away with time!!
Altoona Fire Department guys were so excited to have their portraits taken! It was such a surprise, but an extremely pleasant one! There is nothing better than when our clients are pumped about their shoots. I am so excited when people tell me how they cannot wait to have their portraits taken, it makes my day! They even patiently dealt with us until 11p.m.!!! It was hot and sticky, and here are these guys in full gear. Wow, that is commitment! We had 10 guys show up who were interested, we are hoping to re-schedule a 2nd shoot and get a few more guys interested once they see their colleagues photos. That was last week though! This week I have a couple more shoots, they're still coming slowly but this is a growing business and we are just starting out so I am patient with it. Very excited to continue sharing with you all, as always thank you for taking the time to keep up with us and see you again soon!
Until then- All my absolute best,
Bobbie Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment